Creating Strong Passwords
It’s easier than you think to create strong, hard-to-guess, easy-to-remember passwords. Strong passwords will help you keep you and your companies data safe. Below are some good tips for creating strong passwords:
- Use a password phrase and make it relevant to the account
- Make it at least 10 characters
- Make it something you can visualize and easily memorize
A movie website account example: "I Like #2 Watch Really Funny Scary Movies After Mid Night"
- Don’t use names: pets, businesses, family, friends, etc. in your passwords
- Don’t Use letter or number patterns: 1234, abcd, etc. in your passwords
- Don’t Use birthdays, addresses, postal or zip codes, even if you add a number or symbol
- Don’t Use less than 10 character password
- Don’t Store passwords on your desk or on your computer
Let us know if you have any questions.