Recently added item(s)
Below are the instructions for resetting the Root account password on CentOS 7.
- In the boot grub menu below, select the e option as indicated below.
- Next go to the line that has "ro" and change it to "rw init=/sysroot/bin/sh"
- Now you need to press CONTROL + X to start on single user mode.
- Next, you need to access the system with the below command:
- Reset the password with the below command:
- Now you need to exit chroot with the below command:
- Finally, you will new reboot your CentOS 7 system: